The TRION is a completely new range of combines, with a total of 20 models available including not only conventional 5- and 6-straw walker machines, but also single and twin rotor hybrids, plus the availability TERRA TRAC and MONTANA hillside versions.
The wide range of farms, crops and climates in which CLAAS combines work around the world, mean that combines of this size have to be versatile. This is reflected in the extensive range of variants, features and options to ensure that the new TRION provides customers, whether they be a small mixed arable farm looking for a simple, straightforward machine or a large arable unit looking for a more technically advanced combine to maximise output, with a TRION model that can be specified to truly ‘Fit your Farm’.
While at its heart the new TRION relies on well proven CLAAS straw-walker and HYBRID threshing technology, it also incorporates many features that set completely new performance standards on combines of this size.
Several key new features within the TRION set it apart:
- The extensive range of 20 models available
- The range of threshing systems available: straw walker, single rotor HYBRID and twin-rotor HYBRID
- The massive separation area for high-capacity threshing
- JET STREAM standard across all models
- New British-built Cummins engines that provide optimum power for the size of combine
- Wide availability of wheeled, tracked TERRA TRAC and MONTANA hillside models
- A new design of CLAAS cab that brings higher cab comfort standards
- Tank capacities that set a new standard for this size of combine
- Extensive range of chopping options
Cummins engine power
Power for the TRION range comes from British built 8.9 or 6.7 litre Cummins 6-cylinder Stage V standard engines. These have been chosen not only on account of the optimum range of power outputs for across the whole TRION range, but also due to their ideal weight, the level of engine technology they provided, the fact that they are an ideal size for the combine and their layout means that they are easy to access and maintain.
As standard, all TRION models come with DYNAMIC POWER, which by reducing engine power output when not under load, for instance when not running the chopper or unloading, can cut fuel costs by around 10%. The rated engine speed is just 1,900rpm dropping to 1,650 for road travel, so further helping to save fuel.